Re: [libxml++] problem with utf8 xml file parsing ('Glib::ConvertError')

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 12:34 +0200, Nicolas wrote:
> Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 00:06 +0200, Nicolas wrote:
> >
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >> I tried to parse utf8 .xml files with the sample program
> >> example/sax_parser/ (i've tried with both 2.20 and 2.23 versions). The
> >> program crash during the execution at the position of the first utf8
> >> char with the  following message : "terminate called after throwing an
> >> instance of 'Glib::ConvertError'
> >>  20 Abandon (core dumped)"

> I didn't change the code of the libxml++ example program contained in
> the "example/sax_parser/" directory.

Thanks. I have added some try/catches to examples/sax_parser/myparser.cc
in svn to show where the exception is being thrown. It is indeed
happening during std::cout << when trying to print out that chinese from
the attribute value. And I can reproduce it even with this simple
attached .xml file.

However, I don't understand why this is happening. Investigating only
confused me more: g_utf8_validate() does not fail on the string, but
g_locale_from_utf8() does.

That makes no sense to me so I am beginning to suspect that something is
wrong with my Ubuntu Hardy? What distro are you using? Can anyone else
reproduce this problem?

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com