Re: [libxml++] What is behind LIBXMLCPP_EXCEPTIONS_ENABLED and the removal of exceptions?

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 17:15 +0100, Lukas Orlowski dlr de wrote:
> Hello there
>
> I have just recompiled my code against the latest gtkmm libs on WIN32
> and on linux and I was confused to see it crash.
> The segfault occures when ever an exception should be thrown.
> Please explain what the idea behind the usage of the
> --enable-api-exceptions flag is (which was disabled for my binary
> release).

It's an optional change to the API for environments that want to build
without exceptions. This allows binaries to be smaller and is popular in
embedded devices.

On Windows you should be using the full API. You might need to define
this variable in the config.h file. Please do submit a patch or at least
a bug in bugzilla for this.

murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com