[libxml++] Swap std::string for Glib::ustring

Hello,

i have been using libxml++ and find it is one of the cleanest
implementations. There is only one slight drawback, that is the use of
GLib::ustring. If you are using it out of a Gtk application that is
not an issue. That was my usage scenario up unit now. The problem is,
if you are not in a Gtk application linking glibmm plus all it's
dependencies is really overkill.

I see the initial motivation of using Glib::ustring, since the strings
handled are UTF-8. But if one looks at the code, Glub::ustring is just
used as a container for UTF-8 and no real operations are done. As a
result std::string can also be used for that. It would drop that one
(mostly useless) dependency and really open libxml++ up for non Gtk /
Gnome applications.

I would like you comments on that subject.

I am willing to do the change, since I am currently thinking of doing
it locally form me, but that is not the spirit of working together...

Regards,

Sean Farrell

(Yes this is my first post here...)