[libxml++] Navigating through the XML document

Hi,

I'm using libxml++ to access  files. I want my program to execute two tasks:

1) The program must in a cycle, load files and search for an attribute in a certain node. If the attribute contain the desired value, it must show the name of the file.
I want to understand how can I do this, without memory leeches.

2) I don't want to read the file sequentially. That is, when load the file, I want to read directly the specified node. In the examples in manual of libxml++ , I only see examples of sequential access methods. Can anyone help me in performing the desired actions? If I'm wrong, can anyone point me out the solution?

Thanks in advance
   Pedro Sousa