[libxml++] glibconfig.h and glibmmconfig.h missing

Hi all.
I've installed libxml++ 2.xxx on my Debian Etch and it all worked fine. However, when I tried to compile a little test program, it didn't compile because glibconfig.h and glibmmconfig.h were both missing.

As you certainly already know, they are included through glib and glibmm to let me use Glib::ustring.

I looked in some of the directories where the files could have been installed but I couldn't find them.
What is weird with this is that these two files is:
- first, they haven't been installed with glib and glibmm packages whereas they are mandatory for the compilation - then, they come from different packages, but have similar names and cause exactly the same problem when compiling, so maybe I just misunderstood something

I tried to use pkg-config to get the right include paths for G++ but it doesn't work because pkg-config tells me that I don't have glib-config program. Now here is my question : does someone know whether I really lack something or if there is something else to do (or somewhere else to look for the needed headers) in order not to get compiler errors because of glibconfig.g and glibmmconfig.h?
Thanks to all in advance for your help!! Cheers!
Francois

PS. I saw on libxml++ site that there was a HAVE_CONFIG_H macro and a config.h file to use. I can't test this right now because I'm not at home, but do you think this might help me in some way?

Personnalisez votre Messenger avec Live.com http://www.windowslive.fr/livecom/