[libxml++] Wanted : New maintainer for libxml++

Dear all,

The past year has been pretty calm for libxml++, which is a pity
considering the interesting features a lot of users are waiting for.
Schema validation for example, and generally speaking a better coverage
of the libxml2 API, would make libxml++ a lot more useful.

Unfortunately I know I will not have time anymore to spend on libxml++.
As a consequence I am willing to step down from the role of libxml++
maintainer so it can go active again.

Aside from bug fixing and feature requests handling (see the project
summary at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=libxml%2B%2B),
the goals I would set for the project today are :

    - Remain API/ABI compatible so that no existing application gets broken.
    - Cover more completely the libxml2 API, beginning with XML Schema
validation, validation on the SaxParser, maybe TextWriter.
    - Keep up with the Gnome Release Schedule.

If you are interested in taking this responsibility, do not hesitate to
contact me privately.

As a conclusion I would like to thank all the skilled developers who
helped me make libxml++ what it is, and more especially Murray Cumming.
I learned a lot thanks to his experience of open-source projects, and
the project would not have the visibility and the high profile it has
today without him.
Special thanks also go to Ari Johnson, the original author of libxml++,
who permitted me to live this great experience.

Best regards,

Christophe de Vienne