Re: [libxml++] compilers trouble

But my application only runs with gcc3.4.3. do they have to run with the same gcc? tks a lot

From: Jonathan Wakely <cow compsoc man ac uk>
To: Luis Silva <lfs12 hotmail com>
CC: libxmlplusplus-general lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [libxml++] compilers trouble
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:56:38 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 03:03:19PM +0000, Luis Silva wrote:
> I there, i'm having a problem. I'm running a program using gcc3.4.3 and
> I've installed the libxml++-dev from yum(fedora 4), for using in that
> program. The problem is that when I compile my program I get and error and > i think that the problem might have to do with the gcc used to compile the > libxml++-dev (version 4.0...). Is there anything i can to jump this problem > or I need to install everything without using the rpm. Can you please help.

You will need the libstdc++ runtime libs that libxml++ was compiled
against.  Where did you get your GCC 3.4.3 ?  Try getting libxml++ from
the same source, or use the GCC 4.0 packages from Fedora 4.

Hope that helps,

jon

--
"You know how dumb the average guy is?