[libxml++] compilers trouble

I there, i'm having a problem. I'm running a program using gcc3.4.3 and I've installed the libxml++-dev from yum(fedora 4), for using in that program. The problem is that when I compile my program I get and error and i think that the problem might have to do with the gcc used to compile the libxml++-dev (version 4.0...). Is there anything i can to jump this problem or I need to install everything without using the rpm. Can you please help. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry Luis Silva