[libxml++] Failure Building Libxml++ on FC 3

I have not been able to successfully build libxml++ on FC 3, although I can
build all the prereqs.

I have a libxml2 snapshot installed, and I get no failures from the
configure step.  But when starting the make, the build fails immediately.

It appears to me that the libxml2 include files are rooted at
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml and the libxml++ build system cannot find them.
I would like to be able to decipher the automake system but get lost in
trying to track the source of variables.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have seen a message from an FC
developer that states that the build system is "broken."

Thanks.

Tom Browder