[libxml++] derive DomParser Class

Hi,
i wanted libxmlpp to return me parse errors as libxml2 wrties it to the
standard error. For example, when there is a parse error like a
redefined attributes, all i can see when i catch the exception is
"Document not well-formed.". It would be interesting to see the same
message as the one libxml2 outputs to stderr.
So first i tried by modifiing the libxmlpp fonction parse_context in
domparser.cc. It works by just always checking errno instead of
returning when the wellFormed flag is false.
But to be more clean, i try to create a new class that inherites from
the DomParser one. As parse_context is a virtual function, all i intend
to do is to modify the error handling. But i've got the following
problem: the constructor "Document(_xmlDoc* doc);" (that is used by
parse_context) of the class Document is private and is only available in
parse_context because of the "friend class DomParser;" in this class.
So i can't find a way to do what i want without modifying libxml++
source code.
Can anyone gives me a hint about this wanted feature?