Re: [libxml++] [patch] Global initialization code

Murray Cumming wrote:

I implemented the code like I wrote above. And it works :-)
It's not ABI compatible as the new library doesn't contain the static init object, but it's 100% API compatile. -> It's best to bumb the .so version
for the next release.

That would be highly undesirable. ABI compatibility must be maintained
until we have a really good reason to break it.

What is holding you back from making the global init object do strictly
nothing, so its only purpose is to keep ABI compatibility and users may or
may not use it in their application ?

Then, you are ready to remove it when you have other reasons to break
ABI compatibility.

Regards,
		Stefan