Re: [libxml++] Global initialization code

On Monday 13 June 2005 11:16, Christophe de VIENNE wrote:
> Le Lundi 13 Juin 2005 10:39, Thomas Jarosch a écrit :
> > > Can you be more precise ? What is broken exactly ?
> > > It the php xml parser is base on libxml2 and use it's callback (as we
> > > do with libxml++), then I don't think a cohexistence is possible.
> >
> > PHP uses libxml2 without those callbacks. As soon as I create a node
> > using PHP function calls, I end up in libxml++'s callback :o)
>
> Wait, is the problem the callbacks themselves ? Are they disturbing the php
> xml parser ? the thing is that libxml++ cannot work properly without them.

Exactly! The root of the problems seems to be that libxml++ and PHP
both manipulate the node->_private pointer for their own needs.

> > The problem with the "static" class is that it gets executed
> > during library load time. This is why it breaks PHP.
>
> Do you need it not to be executed at all, or only once ?

Only init once and reset after libxm++ code usage.
Something like:

- libxml::init()
- XML manipultions via libxml++
- libxml::deinit()