[libxml++] extensibility problems with libxml++

Hello,
I am using libxml++, to create another application.
Here is my problem, in the application there is a
global ID say p:ID of xml schema type ID. Thus the
application should support this ID, without any given
DTD or XML schema definition for the application.

To draw an analogy, it is equivalent to local ID
attribute defined in XML Dsig spec or XML Enc spec,
only this time it is a global ID.

Thus my parser should support inclusion of such an ID.

The solution which is there is to "hack" libxml2 and
use xmlAddID and xmlGetID functions where both require
doc pointer for the xml document. but I am not "ABLE"
to use libxml2 directly. I use libxml++.

So to be precise, I can not access the document
pointer as it is private , and there are no
extensiblity mechanisms possible. The only way seems
to be creating another class, declaring it as a freind
of Document class, add some functions and recompile
the whole libxml++.

Can anybody tell me if there is a neater solution
there..
varun