[libxml++] 2.7/2.8 plans

Hi all,

Now that libxml++ 2.6 is stable, we're going to start version 2.7/2.8
developpement.

*** CVS branches ***

The eventual 2.6.x future modifications will go on the cvs branch
LIBXMLPP_BRANCH_2_6.
The 2.7/2.8 work will be done on the HEAD branch.

*** API adds ***

We already have to patches that are ready to go in the unstable branch.
One is the HtmlParser proposed by Laurent Hoss (needs some work though), the
other one is a DTD validation proposed by Guillaume ARRECKX (looks clean).

A few things that could be done :
- Complete the XmlReader binding.
- Take a look at XmlWrite and see if it worth being wrapped.
- Redo SaxParser on top of SAX2.
- Wrap other parts of libxml2 if

*** Scheduling ***

I'll try to branch and integrate the patches this week, and then make a first
release so the new API can be tested.

The Gnome 2.7/2.8 release schedule is here :
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.7/

The big deadline is API/ABI freeze on July 21th.

Best regards,