Re: [libxml++] program crashes when parsing XML with accent

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 18:52 +0000, Murray Cumming wrote:
My probably stupid question is the following:
Murray, in ustring::ustring(const char* src, ustring::size_type n), is "n" supposed to be the length in utf-8 characters, or in bytes ?
I think it's meant to be the number of characters. That's not what I'd
expect, but I guess it makes sense in terms of translating std::string
to Glib::ustring.

Actually, in my debugger, the ch paramater to
SaxParserCallback::characters() seems to be 0, which is a more likely
cause for the crash. I guess we should check for 0.

Hmm, my debugger seems to be broken. It's a new system.

Rather than getting the number of characters and then giving that to the
ustring constructor to convert back to number of bytes, I suggest we put
the string in a std::string and just use the Glib::ustring(std::string)
constructor. I can't see a more suitable ustring constructor.

Indeed (cf my other message).
However I think we should signal this to the glibmm dev team, so they at least document it since it does not have the behavior we naturaly though it had.

Regards,