Re: [libxml++] program crashes when parsing XML with accent

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 05:05:18PM +0200, Frederik Himpe wrote:

> Another thing I do not understand: libxml++-1.0 uses std::string, but it seems
> these std::strings contained UTF-8. Is that possible?

Yes, UTF-8 is a string of bytes, so it can be contained in std::string.
std::string::length() will return the number of bytes, not the number of
characters (since UTF-8 can use multiple bytes per character) but nothing
stops std::string from holding the bytes.

jon

--
To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.
	- Buddha