Re: [libxml++] program crashes when parsing XML with accent

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 04:13:49PM +0200, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> I have an XML document in ISO-8859-1 character set. When using libxml++-2.6,
> the sax pasers crashes when it encounters a character with an accent (é) in
> the on_characters method. I'm using the Glib::ustring class.
>
> With libxml++-1.0 on the same document, it did not crash, but the character
> was transformed in two (strange) characters.

  At the libxml2 SAX level, the document is first converted to UTF8,
so all character() callbacks should only see UTF8 and yes the é will
be converted into 2 bytes in that encoding.
  I cannot explain why this would crash though, this sounds a serious
breakage.

Daniel