Re: [libxml++] Re: typedef string class

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 06:12, Kurt M. Brown wrote:
> The basic problem I'm trying to solve is to not need glib and the C++
> encapsulations by just using std::string.

glib is a small dependency, and glibmm should be small too. You can make
the dependency for libxml++ even smaller by splitting glibmm up into
string parts and other parts - then the string part could rely on the
string part of glib only (glib consists of several shared libraries).
Someone who cared about that would have to patch glibmm.

Alternatively, you could use libxml++ 1.0, which should continue to work
with new libxml2 versions.

> I may be misunderstanding the function of libxml++: maybe you mean for
> it to be used only where the full gnome gui library is available.

No, and I don't understand how you could come to that conclusion.

murrayc murrayc com