Re: [libxml++] solaris 9 sparc problems

Hi,

I think those problems occurs when Document::Init is not instanciated. It should be automatic but depending on the platform/linker/compiler it may not work properly.
Try to declare a global var of type Document::Init.

BTW, I was wondering if making a singleton from Document::Init could eventually solve this problem. We could make sure it is instanciated in Parser and Document constructor.

Cheers,

Christophe

kike fernandez a écrit :

Hello,

I'm trying to use libxml++ in one project but I'm having some problems.
Our environment is sparc/Solaris 9. Is libxml++ known to work in this
environment?

We use gcc2.95.3 and the library compiles and installs OK.
but some of the example programs segfault and others work (using the
same versions in Linux seems to work ok and libxml2 and libxslt work ok
in our solaris box)

We are very interested in using libxml++ (we would like to help to find
and resolve any bugs in libxml++) but I'm relatively new to c++
programming so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

---> dom_build

40          xmlpp::Element* nodeRoot =
document.create_root_node("exampleroot", "http://foo";, "foo");
//Declares the namespace and uses its prefix for this node
(gdb) n
0xff378f18 in xmlpp::Node::cobj (this=0x0) at node.cc:131

---> dom_parse_entities

54          xmlpp::Node::NodeList list = node->get_children();
(gdb) n
xmlpp::Node::get_children (this=0x0, name= 0xffbff5d0) at node.cc:28
28         xmlNode* child = impl_->children;

---> dom_parser

115       return impl_->name ? (const char*)impl_->name : "";
(gdb) n
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.