Re: [libxml++] Running under Windows XP?

Hi Ephraim,

thank you for your help.

I used libxml 2.6.5 and iconv 1.9.1 prebuilt binaries -  both from
http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html
Note that with the latest builds of libxml2 you also need zlib.dll to run
the programs. (headers and library are not used)

First try to use a more updated iconv, then make sure you compiled libxml2
with thread support, I'm not sure if this is the default, but this is the
setting in the prebuilt binaries.

I used now the precompiled binaries from zlatkovic.com but still get the same annoying error message. I compiled the first five examples projects in the workspace but each of them produces the this error message, always with the same "address" (?) of 0xc0000022.

To repeat, this is the message I get:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click OK to terminate the application."

Does anybody know what the error message means? What's the sense of that address? Is this from the loader, from the C++ initialization stage or is already normal code running?

I get that same error message even when I start the demo applications with the debugger (the one built into MSVC-6), but perhaps that's because I don't know how to handle the debugger, it feels strange if you're used to gdb :-)

Thanx

Philipp