From: Jim Garrison <garrison case edu>
To: libxmlplusplus-general lists sourceforge net
Subject: Propose Document::create_root_node_by_import ()
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:21:16 -0500

Hello,

I would like to propose the addition of a function to xmlpp::Document.
Right now, one can only create a root node with the given function
create_root_node(), and then manipulate that Node.  My proposed function
(something like Document::create_root_node_by_import) would take a Node
from an existing Document and import it in the spirit of
Node::import_node().  So basicly, this adds the import functionality so
that an entire document can be created from a arbitrary Node in a
different document.

The biggest reason I need to do this is so that I can create a string
that holds all the XML within a certain node.  If there's a better way
to do this, please let me know.  If not, would this type of patch be
accepted?  If so, would it be able to go in the 1.0 branch?  I don't
think it would break anything in terms of the ABI.

Please let me know.

Jim Garrison
http://gnomoradio.org/