Re: [libxml++] Seems like a bug in DomParser::parse_memory

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 01:55 +0300, Tim Alexeevsky wrote:
> Hello!
>
>    There seems to be a UTF-8 related bug in DomParser.
>    domparser.cc:71 is
>      context_ = xmlCreateMemoryParserCtxt(contents.c_str(), contents.size());
>
>    (as of 2.6.last and 2.8.last at least)
>    shouldn't it be
>      context_ = xmlCreateMemoryParserCtxt(contents.c_str(), contents.bytes());

Yes, I think you are right. I have fixed it in cvs.

This is serious, and it's embarassing that we haven't seen this already.

Many thanks.

>    Otherwise my UTF-8 xml string containing some russian characters is
>    told to have miscellaneous errors some bytes from end.
>
> Thanks for you library anyway :)

Please file a bug in our bugzilla if the problem still exists with the
cvs version, or the next tarball.

murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com