Re: [libxml++] Re: Libxmlplusplus-general digest, Vol 1 #293 - 1 msg

Stefan Seefeld a écrit :

Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:07:43AM -0400, Kurt M. Brown wrote:

I agree that a generic C++ API for xml would be useful; one the closely
matches: http://www.w3.org/DOM/.

  which totally sucks because it mandates UTF-16 strings.
There is a good reason I didn't tried to implement "real" DOM in
libxml2, I woudn't have been conformant anyway because there i no
way I would have agreed to constantly recode UTF-16 to UTF-8 and
back. C++ API for DOM is defined as the output of C++ header generator
on the CORBA bindings, eek :-(

is it ? I'v never seen anything about an officially endorsed C++ xml API
(DOM, SAX, whatever). In any case, I believe on the boost list the consensus
was not to rewrite the java-like APIs in C++ but rather use C++ specific
idioms as much as possible.
While I would be satisfied in an implementation that wraps libxml2,
boost people obviously want to be sure that an API that gets accepted is
implementable by other backends, too.

Have you seen the new serialization module ? It includes XML as a possible archive format, which is even more generic since XML is just a backend to the lib.

Regards,