Re: [libxml++] libxml++ future

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 11:31, Christophe de VIENNE wrote:

> Le Vendredi 26 Septembre 2003 17:11, Dan Dennedy a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 18:42, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> >
> > > Another possible thing is to wrap xmlInputBuffer. Although we can (and
> > > did) implement parse_stream without it, it would permit to implement
> > > xmlTextReader.getRemainder() in an elegant way (cf. 3).
> >
> > I think this is good, but I am also very interested in SAX
> > serialization, perhaps based upon one of node iterators below. I think
> > you can count on that conribution coming from me.
> >

> I'm not familiar with this. Do you have any reference on it ?
> Thanks.

see the Component Pipelines section of
http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2002/02/13/cocoon2.html

I think this is similar to what xmlsoft ML discussion and contributed
patch calls "inverted SAX." I don't know if it has been accepted into
libxml2. It is a simple idea tho--traverse tree while synthesizing SAX
events.

> > I am also personally interested in entity-support in the near term.
> >

> Well, this is not so evident thing to handle (cf. messages of DV on xml
> mailing-list about SAX and entities).

hmm.. lots of reading to do here.

> What do you exactly need ?
> And do you have suggestions on how to do it ?

see response to murrayc