Re: [[libxml++] Thread safety?]

Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far elixir e kth se> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I posted a bug report (is anyone using the bug tracker?)

Yes.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=801604&group_id=12999&atid=112999

> I managed to resolve the problem by adding a call to xmlInitParser() in the
> main() of my program as described here: http://xmlsoft.org/threads.html
> It doesn't say if there is a reason not to call it in every program.

Could you investigate that on the libxml mailing list?

> I couldn't find a call to that particular function anywhere in the libxml++
> source.

Maybe we should call this from all of our parser constructors. The
documentation says that it's OK to call it more than once:
http://www.aoindustries.com/docs/libxml2-devel-2.4.23/html/libxml-parser.html#XMLINITPARSER

After investigating, you might try providing a patch to do that.

> Is thread safety covered in some way I haven't noticed?

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net