Re: [libxml++] Re: Threatening 1.0 again

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 08:30, Scott Lawrence wrote:
> libxmlplusplus-general-request lists sourceforge net writes:
>
> > From: Murray Cumming Comneon com
> > Subject: [libxml++] Threatening 1.0 again
> >
> > So, when Dan gets his Sax Entities stuff in, I'd like us to think about

I am merging at the moment.

> > freezing the API again. Or is there more essential functionality that we
> > should think about?
>
> What is happening with the SAX API changes for namespaces?  I've had
> to add quite a bit of code to cope with them correctly.

Nothing needs to be done here because, by nature, the SAX API is not
aware of namespaces. Your derived SAX parser must decide how to deal
with them. It is not hard to see if an attribute name equals "xmlns" to
check for a namespace declaration or string.find(':') to look for a
namespace prefix on an element or attribute.