Re: [libxml++] RE: [xml] xmlCreatePushParserCtxt() docs wrong (wa s RE: [libxml++ ] sax_pars er example: entity not defined)

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:07:17AM +0100, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > Well, maybe you want it to be NULL to "make everything work" in your case,
> but from an libxml2 API it's a breakage, and need to be fixed. Simply force
> it > to NULL in your wrappers, the semantic should not change even if the
> bug get fixed.
>
> Your documentation for the SaxHandler callbacks
>  http://www.xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#commentSAXFunc
> says that the SAX callbacks receive a context, so I don't see how you can
> sensible fix the
> xmlCreatePushParserCtxt function
>  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlCreatePushParserCtxt
> so that it sends something else instead. And I don't see the need, because
> people can just use the private_ field of the context.

  yeah, I know. There is some redundancy because there have been some
breakage of the normal way.

> Just trying to be helpful.

  Not denying it :-), I'm just trying to avoid surprise and break client
code. Maybe the simplest is to burry the SAX API and not touch it now
that the SAX2 version works reasonably well...

Daniel