Re: [libxml++] RE: [xml] xmlCreatePushParserCtxt() docs wrong (was RE: [libxml++ ] sax_pars er example: entity not defined)

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:03:50AM +0100, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
> > On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 08:47:36PM +0100,
> > Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > > Daniel, as part of the story below, I noticed that the
> > documentation
> > > for xmlCreatePushParserCtxt() is wrong:
> > > http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlCreatePushParserCtxt
> > >
> > > The user_data parameter is not returned to SAX callbacks
> > (The context
> > > is, as void*). That parameter should probably always be 0.
> >
> >   Hum, sounds like a bug, is that always the case or just in
> > some callback circumstances ?
>
> If you specify some user_data then you will get that user_data in the
> callback instead of the context, but this will break the entity callbacks,
> sometimes c ausing a crash. Setting it to 0 here, and not setting userData
> ever directly in the context seems to make everything work.

  Well, maybe you want it to be NULL to "make everything work" in your
case, but from an libxml2 API it's a breakage, and need to be fixed.
Simply force it to NULL in your wrappers, the semantic should not change
even if the bug get fixed.

Daniel