RE: [libxml++] sax_parser example: entity not defined

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 09:46, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > It is still possible to set_substitute_entities(false) and it
> > works, encoding the reference as &ref;
>
> I found that it did not work, using that example.xml. Is there something
> wrong with the example.xml?

Oh, it was my example that worked by encoding the references. The
existing sax_parser is still substitutes, and calling SaxParser with
false generates an error on a reference. After a few simple experiments,
it is not obvious to me how to fix that. One fix is to make SaxParser
always substitute references. I am not sure why there would be a use
case not to have that behaviour since one can still virtually register a
callback to get notification. It seems anything else will throw error.