RE: [libxml++] writing formatted (indented) files

> From: Christophe de VIENNE [mailto:cdevienne alphacent com]

> xmlKeepBlanksDefault(0) is _not_ the default, and not what we
> want as a
> default :

OK. I'll investigate again after it's fixed. The 0 or whatever should
already be an enum constant that can be changed throughout.

> it drops and add whitespaces. But I think this
> option should be
> accessible to the user in a way or another.

I am very much against adding a "break-the-XML-spec" option. But, anyway,
let's worry about that after we make libxml++ XML-spec-compliant.

> Anyway we need to remove the calls to xmlKeepBlanksDefault()
> we actually do.

No, I think we probably need to ensure that the default is in effect,
restoring the existing setting afterwards. People may be using libxml
directly and that should not interfere with libxml++ or vice-versa. I think
I have done that in most places, and meant to do it in all places.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net