RE: [libxml++] Preserving whitespace

> From: andy glew amd com [mailto:andy glew amd com]
> I'd like to be able to output the text between <tag> ... </tag>
> with exactly the same whitespace and formatting as when input.
>
> This is supposedly the XML standard, according to my understanding
> of when whitespace is and is not significant based on reading the
> various XML standards docs.

Yes, the XML parser should change not significant white space. I suggest you
try again after the discussed problem has been fixed.

> libxml2 sems to support it, via xmlKeepBlanksDefault(1) as you mention
> above.

I'm not sure about which is the parameter correct value. Let's see.

> PS I've also tried applying xml:space="preserve",
> without luck.

What is that?

> E.g.  I might want to be processing multiple documents
> at the same time, one of which preserves whitespace and one
> which does not.

I don't believe libxml++ should ever destroy your significant white space,
and I don't think it should have even an optional feature to do that.

In general there should be no global behaviour with libxml++.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net