Re: [libxml++] writing formatted (indented) files

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:26, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> > Daniel would probably tell you in strong terms that formatting is
> > significant therefore libxml shouldn't do it. Some formatting is not
> > significant though, I think.
>
> Significant no, but very usefull yes. If one have to read the xml file it will
> be a *lot* easier.

I have to agree with Christophe here - I end up perusing a lot of xml
files by hand, and they are much easier to read when indented than not.
While I realise that this is not strictly part of the specification,
perhaps another member function such as
Document::write_formatted_to_file would be useful for those of us who
would like it. I can also understand Murray's hesitation to add "broken"
things to libxml++.

Cheers,

Eric