[libxml++] Help with compiling on Solaris

Hello.

I'm currently developing a C++ projects that needs XML and I've found
Libxml++ very useful.
Unfortunately, I can't get the library to work properly under Solaris.
I've tried both Solaris under Sparc and X86 - same fate.
The exact configuration of the Sparc machine is: SunOS 5.9 Generic_112233-02
sun4u sparc .
The compiler is GCC 3.2 or 3.2.2 (for the X86 machine).

The compilation goes perfectly, but the library example "dom_parser" crashes
with a segfault. I did some investigations and it turns out that, in
DomParser::get_root_node() root->_private is zero!
I've tried both 0.21 and 0.22, no luck. All the other parser and creation
examples work without trouble. My project, also using the DomParser crashes
just like dom_parser.

Does anyone know the cure ?
Has anyone ever successfully run xmlpp::DomParser under Solaris ?

Thanks for any help!

Andrea.