RE: [libxml++] Vote: templates everywhere v. Glib::ustring: resul ts + I'm back

> From: Christophe de VIENNE [mailto:cdevienne alphacent com]
> But before the definitive choice, I would really
> like the discussion about an
> intermediate solution, with specialized classes for
> glib::ustring and QString
> in a library, and the possibility to use the fully templated
> classes, to go
> to a conclusion.
> This solution may be a bit heavy for us but will have
> advantages of both
> alternative.

I think even the original poster in that thread agreed that it would involve
a huge amount of work to duplicate APIs and keep them in sync. I think it
would actually be more work than maintaining two forks.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net