RE: [libxml++] Win32 link error (v0.24.0 + msvc patch)

> From: Christophe de VIENNE [mailto:cdevienne alphacent com]
>
> Le Mardi 24 Juin 2003 17:14, Ephraim Vider a écrit :
> > Ok, I have found the problem,
>
> Great !
>
> > The prebuilt libxml2 2.5.7 was compiled with thread support
> (as opposed to
> > 2.5.4) so the "globals" are accessed differently.
> >
> > You need to add _REENTRANT  to the libxml++ project preprocessor
> > definitions in order to activate the thread support in the
> header and have
> > access to the global variables.
> >

> So we'll have the same problem on unixboxes when libxml is
> compiled with
> thread support.

What does this mean exactly? Is it just a libxml configure option? Do we
have the same configure option?

> Question for autotools gurus:
> - - Is there a way at configure time to now wether or not
> libxml2 has been
> compiled with thread-support ?

Probably not. When people are compiling from source it's OK to assume that
they know what they are doing. If you use unusual compiler or configure
options then you have to be careful.

> subquestion:
> - - Does defining _REENTRANT and link against a libxml2
> without threads will be
> a problem ? I don't think so but we need to test.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net