Re: [libxml++] Adding STL-container-like methods to Node instead of returning container instance (xmlwrapp)

Murray Cumming wrote:
Stefan, maybe you should look at what xmlwrapp does for this:
http://pmade.org/pjones/software/xmlwrapp/index.html

It probably does similar things, though I doubt that we want libxml++ to
become quite as STL-like and un-DOM-like as that.

can yo elaborate why you think that 'STL-like' and 'DOM-like' are
mutually exclusive ?

I sure aim for an API that is as intuitive to C++ programmers as possible, yet provides the means to expose a DOM API if we want.

By the way, the
xmlwrapp author is interested in merging projects eventually, though
nobody has done any analysis of that yet.

I'v looked at xmlwrapp a while ago. And in fact I'v kind of used its
approach, until I run into DV's _private member, and detected how simple
life can be with that :-)

We may look at it again, specifically in terms of the API. But as far
as the implementation goes, I think our current approach is the best we
can ever get.

Stefan