Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] autogen.sh without configure?

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 16:49, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 08:21, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
> > Oh, and can we take out the call to './configure' from the autogen.sh script ?
> > I'd like to be able to configure (and build) in a separate build tree, which
> > currently isn't possible.
>
> Why isn't this possible now? Isn't it just an extra configure option?
> autogen.sh passes extra options to configure.
>
> Also, Daniel Elstner, a contributor to gtkmm does this, I think. He
> said:
>
> <murrayc> danielk: Does this make sense to you?
> <murrayc> > Oh, and can we take out the call to './configure' from the
> autogen.sh script ?
> <murrayc> > I'd like to be able to configure (and build) in a separate
> build tree, which
> <murrayc> > currently isn't possible.
> <danielk> no
> <danielk> there's an env var he can set
> <danielk> AUTOGEN_SUBDIR_MODE or something

Also:
<murrayc> This is for libxml++.
<danielk> ok, then either fix autogen.sh to check that variable, or do
it properly and switch back to the original dir before runing configure.
<danielk> I think regexxer's autogen.sh does that
<danielk> gucharmap too

murray usa net