Re: [libxml++] Linking on Darwin

Le 9 déc. 2003, à 13:53, Murray Cumming Comneon com a écrit :

I'm writing a package of libxml++ for fink (a packet manager
for OS X).
Although libxml++ compiled perfectly with the default config files, I
had strange errors when launching applications that had been linked
against it.

After a bit of digging around, I found the problem : the
final linking
of libxml++ is made with gcc, which should be, on OS X, used only for
C.
Recompiling after a "CC=g++ ./configure" solved the problem and
libxml++ is now fully usable under OS X.

I'm not sure where should I have post this or whether I should file a
bug/propose a patch for this, but here is the info for what it's
worth...

It might be worth mentioning to the autoconf people.

The problem is still there on the 1.0.0 version. Should I email this to someone explicitly ?

Olivier Bonnet