Re: [libxml++] static libio

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 10:47:38PM +0100, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > That's it. So I will try to build 0.27 with libio statically linked.
>
> Please just wait for the next version. I don't think you need to do any of
> this statically linking nonsense.

I have not looked at CVS but I expect that you simply changed
lib_LTLIBRARIES to noinst_LTLIBRARIES as I just did. No?
I don't know why you call that "statically linking nonsense" because
it's what the above change do. I find that sentence kind of insulting but I
perhaps misinterpret it.

> > Is it already fixed in CVS ?
>
> Christophe, the maintainer, said that he was working on it, but expects to
> do it in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the info but I already knew it. I am sure there will be an
uptodate libxml++ in debian soon.

Thanks for your time,
Sorry for having not be very clear at the beginning,

Christophe Barbé <christophe barbe ufies org>

L'experience, c'est une connerie par jour mais jamais la même.