Re: [libxml++] static libio

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 10:16:59PM +0100, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> B) debian seems to be giving you version 0.23. But the current version is
> 0.27. Clearly the version in debian is too old. Please talk to the debian
> package maintainer about problems with his package. Please tell him to talk
> to us if he disagrees with me.

That's what I am working on.
I am a debian dev. but not the maintainer of libxml++.
I want to prepare a package for 0.27 and send it to the maintainer so
that if he doesn't have much time to do it, he would just have to review
it and upload it.

> > I could give you the example of libgal but I am not sure it
> > would convinced you.
>
> libgal is also an unstable API, I think, and all applications that use it
> expect to update quickly to the new API.

The names fo the binary packages are:
libgal1, libgal2, libgal2, ....

> I would be interested to hear specific details of that in debian, if you can
> point me to URLs that describe particular solutions.

I am not sure to have a problem anymore after reading your answer below.

> [snip]
> > If you look at the content you will see that only
> > /usr/lib/libio.so.0* does not mention libxml++ and the soname
> > 13.
>
> I don't think we should be installing any such library. That's clearly
> stupid. I think it's something that will be fixed in the next version, very
> soon now, as I said.

That's it. So I will try to build 0.27 with libio statically linked.
Is it already fixed in CVS ?

Sorry I have not been clear at the beginning.

Thanks,

Christophe Barbé <christophe barbe ufies org>

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.
--English proverb