[libxml++] static libio

Hi,

I am working on an updated package for debian (that I want to propose to
the maintainer).
I have a small problem with libio. I need to keep the possibility
to install multiple version of libxml++ but it's no more
straightforward because of libio.

I see three solutions:

1. Install libio with a path that includes the libxml++ soname:
   /usr/lib/libxml++13/libio.*
instead of
   /usr/lib/libio.*

2. Compile statically libio in libxml++

3. Package libio separately. That solution requires that you increase
the soname of libio each time you change the api.

What's your opinion?
I tend to prefer #2. #3 would make sense if other programs are going to
use libio.

Thanks,

Christophe Barbé <christophe barbe ufies org>

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler.
-- Albert Einstein