Re: [libxml++] ISO-8859-2 enocdings

Rainer Stransky wrote:

I use libxml++ in a application dealing with iso-8859-2.

When creating a xmlpp::Document including special characaters (valid within iso8859-2) the method-call document.write_to_string("iso-8859-2") (see code below) puts a error message to stdout:
 output conversion failed due to conv error

iconv cannot convert your datas from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-2.

and the resulting xml-string is corrupted (truncated at the postion of the special character (Dec 174)

What is the problem ? Do i use libxml++ in a wrong manner ?

Don't forget that whatever you final document encoding is, the in-memory encoding that libxml2 uses is UTF-8. As a consequence all strings you give to libxml++ should be UTF-8 encoded.

So I suggest you check that you give UTF-8 strings to the API.

Cheers,