Re: [libxml++] Re: different behavior on solaris/x86 and linux/x86 of Document::create_root_node?

Christophe de VIENNE wrote:

The fact that this mechanism is so fragil and not very portable
(or so it seems) made me change the approach on my own libxml2
wrapper...

_If_ this is the problem, and there is no simple solution, then maybe we
need an xmlpp::initialize() function instead.

This suggest that with the same compiler a static instance of a class is instanciated or not depending on the platform : quite odd.
I would be very surprised if it is the case.

It's not just the compiler, as there is a complex interaction between
compiler, linker, and loader. There is quite a bit of things that can go
wrong. In particular with dynamically loadable objects.

Regards,
		Stefan