Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] Why do we use push mode?

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 15:47, Christophe de VIENNE wrote:

> Le Vendredi 15 Novembre 2002 12:33, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> > Why do we push mode, for instance with xmlCreatePushParserCtxt() instead
> > of just xmlSAXParseDoc(). I think "push mode" allows us to provide data
> > piece by piece, instead of all-at-once, but I don't think we need that.
> >
> > Using xmlSAXParseDoc() would help us unify the Dom and Sax parsers,
> > because they both use an underlying xmlDocPtr.
>
> Well, I'm not yet sure about what to do. Both alternative are pleasant. I'll
> look more precisely this week-end, we'll discuss about it.

SaxParser currently supports everything we need, but it is not possible to use any Dom-based
methods on the SaxParser, by moving them down to the Parser base class.

I did try using xmlSAXUserParseFile(), but had a mysterious segfault. I wanted to make SaxParser
use this and then maybe add a derived SaxPushParser class.