Re: [Libxmlplusplus-general] Re: multi-node-types API changes

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 17:23, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 04:12:50PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > > As far as the children API in the Node type, I guess that keeping it there
> > > simplify it's use
> >
> > I looked at the Xerces-C++ API. They don't seem to have any good reason
> > for it:
> > http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/apiDocs/class_DOMNode.html#_details
> >
> > I doubt it's part of the DOM spec (Does anyone have a URL)?
>
> The text in the Xerces docs comes straight from the spec:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Core-20001113/core.html#ID-1950641247
> (if that's what you were looking for)
>
> jon

Then I guess it's meant as some kind of convenience, though it seems
silly. DOM3 seems to do this too:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20021022/core.html#ID-1950641247

I guess we should follow the DOM specification (though we shouldn't try
too hard for compliance until later), but I'd like to be more convinced
that this is a sensible Object-Orientated API.

murray usa net