Re: regarding scaling libsoup server

O Sáb, 29-04-2017 ás 12:57 +0000, marcin saepia net escribiu:
Hello Allen,
Generally speaking, forget about doing serious scaling using any
library or tool that uses GLib underneath. Regardless of many other
limitations, it does not use epoll for checking descriptors' state
and you are likely to run into c10k problem even if you use multiple
cores.
I suggest taking a look at Elixir/Phoenix, Java/Netty or Go (in that
order).
Marcin

I don't have a strong knowledge about epoll but glib main loop uses
poll whenever available.

BR

sob., 29.04.2017, 13:36 użytkownik Allen Rintoul <arkjcc gmail com>