Re: libsoup-CRITICAL **: soup_session_real_requeue_message: assertion 'item != NULL' failed

On 09 Oct 2015, at 12:57 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin sharp fm> wrote:

While trying to modify gstreamer’s souphttpclientsink element in order to support retry, I am getting the
following assertion failure that I do not understand:

(gst-launch-1.0:32031): libsoup-CRITICAL **: soup_session_real_requeue_message: assertion 'item != NULL’
failed

Is anyone able to explain where it might have gone wrong? Am I using soup_session_requeue_message()
correctly?

Some more details of the problem.

When the HTTP server is up and running and responding to libsoup correctly, the souphttpclientsink works
fine. When I try and artificially induce a failure by stopping the HTTP server, I expect libsoup to return
some kind of failure indicating “connection refused”.

Instead I get the following response code and reason string:

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstSoupHttpClientSink:souphttpclientsink0: Could not write to
HTTP URI
Additional debug info:
gstsouphttpclientsink.c(754): callback (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstSoupHttpClientSink:souphttpclientsink0:
status: 8 Message Corrupt (retrying PUT after 5 seconds)

Can anyone explain under what circumstances you’ll get “Message Corrupt”?

Regards,
Graham
—