Re: Proxy support over AF_UNIX

This is committed to master now and will be in 2.41.92.

On 02/28/2013 12:50 AM, Ben Boeckel wrote:
It seems as though, because of all the abstraction and such, I have no
sane way of pumbing through both a "fake" proxy URI for GSocketClient to
do it's speculative connection with *and* the actual path for the socket
path I'd like to connect to.

well... the GProxyAddress gets the full URI returned from the proxy
resolver in its :uri property. So you could return, eg:

  my-proxy://google.com:80/tmp/proxy.socket

and GSocketClient would use the host+port part to connect, and you could
use the path yourself from the GProxy. (Yes, this is ugly...)

Or, instead of trying to be jump the gun, GSocketClient should just let
the GProxy implementations do the actual connections.

That would be a big change, and it doesn't seem like there would be any
benefit for any "real" proxy protocols.

It might be possible to do this without breaking binary compatability

No, if it was going to be done, it would have to be by deprecating the
existing API and adding new API.

-- Dan