SoupServer - understanding multiple request at once handling

Hey,

I'm trying to build me a soupserver which needs to handle 2 requests from the same host at once.
So, the first request is opened and takes let's say ... ages.
And the other request is polled over and over again during this time.

Can this be made by SoupServer?

Currently my implementation accepts the connections to the server but handles them serial instead of parallel. So the second request (or polling request) will only return when the first (the long time request) is finished.

I created the SoupServer with the following lines of code:

session = soup_session_async_new_with_options(SOUP_SESSION_MAX_CONNS, 100, SOUP_SESSION_MAX_CONNS_PER_HOST, 100, NULL);
    server = soup_server_new(SOUP_SERVER_PORT, 4712, NULL);

Any ideas, comments?

Greetings

Thilo