Re: plan for SPDY support in libsoup

On 12/10/2012 12:01 PM, 전태수 wrote:
> One of major obstacles is TLS layer in libsoup.
> Well, while the current libsoup supports gnutls, gnutls doesn't implement NPN, which is essential for SPDY.
> some SPDY implementation relies on openssl for NPN, but libsoup would be hard to use openssl due to license conflict.
> Then, I came across the NSS project from Mozilla and it implements NPN now.
> While I have searched the libsoup history, you, Dan, wrote in the mail-loop some time before that soup supported NSS but removed.
> Can we take NSS again for NPN implementation?

The old soup NSS code is really really really old and is not in any way
useful for anything at this point.

I actually already wrote a patch to add NPN support to gnutls when I was
thinking about SPDY before:
http://git.mysterion.org/gnutls/commit/?h=npn&id=cc8cb0a1

I never submitted it upstream because I was going to wait until I'd done
more SPDY code and had verified that it actually worked completely... (I
did manage to at least do some minimal testing of it IIRC.)

-- Dan